WSIB - Workplace Safety & Insurance Board
WSIB monitors the quality of healthcare and assists in early, safe return to work for workers injured on the job. AllHealthMed.ca often sells to WSIB claimants in situations where the preferred supplier cannot meet the set deadline for product delivery.
Healthcare, medication, medical devices, orthotics, and transportation costs associated with workplace injury or illness.
AMOUNT: 100% of approved expenses
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING:
- Employer must be covered by WSIB
- Injury or illness must be directly caused by employment
- Must have a valid WSIB claim number
PROCEDURE TO GET FUNDING FOR MEDICAL DEVICES AND ORTHOTICS:
- Prescription for medical devices must be obtained from physician
- A quote for the cost of the prescribed device to be submitted to WSIB with the worker’s Claim number and a copy of the prescription for approval
- Equipment is provided by WSIB to the vendor after verbal or written approval