OMDI - Ontario March of Dimes
The Ontario March of Dimes Assistive Devices Program partially funds the purchase, rental and maintenance of equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, braces, and communication devices for adults with physical disabilities. As well, there are also vehicle and home modification programs intended to increase safety, prevent hospitalization and/or enhance employment.
- Client portion (25% balance of mobility equipment not covered by ADP)
- Home modifications (ceiling lifts, door widening, porch lifts, stair lifts etc.)
- Vehicle modifications
- Up to 80% - 100 % of balance of cost
- Home modifications: full cost of lowest quote, up to $15,000
- Vehicle modifications: full cost of lowest quote, up to $15,000
ELIGIBILITY FOR FUNDING:
- Valid OHIP cardholder
- Adult 19 years or older with a physical disability expected to last at least one year
- Minimal annual income (if you have income above CPP and/or Canada Old Age Pension i.e. income bearing investments, generally you will not be considered for funding)
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN FUNDING:
- The ADP therapist must fill out an Ontario March of Dimes Assistive Devices Application & submit a copy of the Ministry of Health ADP approval
- Home Modifications: An assessment of your home must be completed by an Occupational Therapist or other specialist. An Ontario March of Dimes Home & Vehicle Modification Application must be sent in together with two quotes from another vendor
- Vehicle Modifications: An Ontario March of Dimes Home & Vehicle Modification Application must be sent in together with two quotes from another vendor.
Please call us at 1-888-350-9765 or (416) 444-4470 should you have any questions regarding your eligibility for this funding.
The process for getting assistance from March of Dimes takes at least 8 to 10 weeks. As March of Dimes receives funding on a quarterly basis, applications sent at the end of each quarter may be delayed or turned down.