ODSP - Ontario Disability Support Program
The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) and Ontario Works are managed by the Ontario government. They are designed to support people with disabilities who are also in financial need. ODSP and Ontario Works recipients may be eligible to receive additional benefits such as wheelchair/mobility device repairs and accessories.
- Client portion of mobility device (25% balance not covered by ADP)
- ADP item repairs (batteries and repairs for power wheelchairs or scooters)
- Incontinence & Ostomy Supplies
ELIGIBILITY FOR FUNDING: Anyone currently receiving disability benefits.
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN FUNDING:
- Check appropriate box during initial ADP application
- Contact your social worker
- Please visit your nearest ODSP Office to arrange an appointment. You will undergo an 1.5 hour meeting with an ODSP officer. If you qualify, you will be presented with the applicable forms.
ODSP: Must be currently receiving ODSP benefits and under 65 years of age Ontario Works: Must be currently on the Ontario Works Program